Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quit Smoking: Feeling Ood.

 
  Quit smoking is something new to me. It's never across my mind since I started this habit 24 years ago. I'm in my second day without smoke and ash when I write this blog. It's not as easy as thought. Since my first stick of cigarette when I was a college student in Kolej Damansara Utama back in 1986.

    Smoking is a big and long term commitment. My experience as a smoker is not pleasant. Many time I being caught red handed by the in flight airline crew due to smoking in their aircraft toilet during long hole flight. I will not sit right up in the long meeting and  frequently taking break for coffee and cigarette. Having family dinner in restaurant is not simple. I will ask for smoking section,If they don't have it or the section is full,I will change venue or postpone our dinner to some other time. Selfish isn't it..?

    Many people have to give their way to the smoker me. They sacrifice their time,their comfort and clean air to satisfied my smoking habit. I realize this since ever. But to take a small step to quit smoking,its require me a "many years of excuses" and a strong soul to spark it. I know,it's not an easy process,I know. But for the seek of me,my family and my society,I need to come with this big commitment,quit smoking.

     Dizziness,constant headache,a little anxiety and lost focus,start kicking. My blood pressure now a little hight then normal.  This all side effect of the lake of nicotine. It's will go away over time. Maximum 2 week. I called my doctor and and explain about my condition and seek advice to what to do or do I need any medication. She said if I can stand without any drug is the best way to quit and face off circumstance. I will face this side effect anyway, since my body need to adjust with this new environment and condition. Of course 20 years of accumulating nicotine will give a lot of effect to my body and for my body to adopt  lake of nicotine in my bloodstream,its will take some time.

  An oath,one promise,understanding alone is not enough for me to quit smoking. I need execution,more action and all the support I can get from people around me. It's hard yes,but if I have enough guts to quit, I'll be free from this in few weeks time.

God,help me to quit this,
Help me to quit this bad habbit.
And I'll be free forever from smoking..!!



*Special Thank you to Armin Baniaz Pahamin and all friends who give encouragement for me to quit smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment